Live Life Plus
Our Medicaid Managed Care Special Needs Health Plan (SNP), Live Life Plus, is specially designed to provide comprehensive health coverage and services to people living with HIV/AIDS and chronic conditions; people who are homeless, regardless of HIV status; and people of transgender experience, regardless of HIV status. With over 6,400 members, Amida Care’s SNP is the largest in New York.
We specialize in providing a unique care model of individualized attention and support to people with chronic conditions. As a member, you have the benefits available in regular Medicaid, plus you get the special care and support you need to get and stay healthy.
Benefits include inpatient and outpatient medical care, hospital care, lab and radiology services, prescription drugs (co-pays may apply), dental, vision care, and more.
- Medical and preventive care, including doctor visits, annual check-ups, referrals for specialist visits, lab testing and radiology
- Hospital care and emergency room services
- Prescription drug coverage and certain over-the-counter medications (co-pays may apply)
- Maternity care
- Vision care, including eye exams and eyeglasses
- Dental care
- Durable medical equipment
- Adult day health care
- Personal care services
- Mental health and substance use treatment
- Hormone therapy
- Gender-affirming surgeries and services
- Home health care
- Hospice care
- Help with housing referrals and legal support
For quick reference about plan benefits, consult our Plan Benefit Guide
For full benefit information, consult our Member Handbook
You are eligible to join Amida Care’s Live Life Plus plan if:
- you qualify for Medicaid Managed Care AND
- you live in New York City AND
- you are one of the following:
- living with HIV/AIDS
- homeless (HIV positive or negative)
- transgender (HIV positive or negative)
- a child (HIV positive or negative) of an active Amida Care member*
*Newborns of Amida Care members will be enrolled in the plan, however, parents may choose to disenroll their newborns at any time.
If you are a Medicaid member living in New York City, choosing a special needs health plan or a regular Medicaid managed care plan is mandatory for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- As of January 15, 2016, eligible individuals can enroll in Amida Care’s Medicaid Special Needs Plan on the NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace (NYSoH) website: https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov.
- If you had Medicaid prior to the enactment of the Affordable Care Act, you can call NY Medicaid Choice at 1-800-505-5678 and ask to change to Amida Care’s Medicaid Special Needs Plan.
- If you joined Medicaid through the NY State of Health (NYSoH), you should call the NYSoH at 1-855-355-5777 and ask to change to Amida Care’s Special Needs Plan.
- If you have difficulty enrolling, please call Amida Care at 1-800-556-0689 (TTY 711), and we will facilitate enrollment for you.
We offer free sessions to explain our health plan and how we can best help you. Call us at 1-800-556-0689 (TTY 711) to arrange a time and place that are best for you.