Medicaid Special Needs Health Plan
in New York City
Living in New York City can be exciting—in addition to being a lot to handle. Health care is an important part of your life, but sometimes you may need additional help. Amida Care’s Medicaid Managed Care Special Needs Health Plan (SNP), Live Life Plus, is specially designed to provide comprehensive health coverage and services to people living with HIV/AIDS and chronic conditions; people of transgender experience, regardless of HIV status; and people who are homeless, regardless of HIV status. With over 6,700 members, Amida Care’s SNP is the largest in New York—but small enough to give you the individualized attention you deserve.
The Amida Care Difference: Individualized care and support
We specialize in providing a unique care model of individualized attention and support to people with chronic conditions. As an Amida Care member, you have the benefits available through regular Medicaid, plus you get the specialized care and support you need to get and stay healthy.
Amida Care specializes in delivering coordinated care with a trusted network of health care providers. We know how difficult it can be to find health coverage that is right for your needs and easy to understand. We are here to help whenever you have any questions or concerns.
Contact us today to see if you qualify
If you are unsure whether you qualify for coverage under our plan, the best thing to do is give us a call today. A Member Services representative is ready to help you. Don’t let the stress of finding the right health plan keep you from getting the care you need: Amida Care is here to help you make the choice that is best for you. We look forward to serving you.
Call for information today!
Benefits include inpatient and outpatient medical care, hospital care, lab and radiology services, prescription drugs (co-pays may apply), dental, vision care, and more.
- Medical and preventive care, including doctor visits, annual check-ups, referrals for specialist visits, lab testing and radiology
- Hospital care and emergency room services
- Prescription drug coverage and certain over-the-counter medications (co-pays may apply)
- Maternity care
- Vision care, including eye exams and eyeglasses
- Dental care
- Durable medical equipment
- Adult day health care
- Personal care services
- Mental health and substance use treatment
- Hormone therapy
- Gender-affirming surgeries and services
- Home health care
- Hospice care
- Help with housing referrals and legal support
For quick reference about plan benefits, consult our Plan Benefit Guide
For full benefit information, consult our Member Handbook
You are eligible to join Amida Care’s Live Life Plus plan if:
- you qualify for Medicaid Managed Care AND
- you live in New York City AND
- you are one of the following:
- living with HIV/AIDS
- homeless (HIV positive or negative)
- transgender (HIV positive or negative)
- a child (HIV positive or negative) of an active Amida Care member*
*Newborns of Amida Care members will be enrolled in the plan, however, parents may choose to disenroll their newborns at any time.
If you are a Medicaid member living in New York City, choosing a special needs health plan or a regular Medicaid managed care plan is mandatory for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- As of January 15, 2016, eligible individuals can enroll in Amida Care’s Medicaid Special Needs Plan on the NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace (NYSoH) website: https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov.
- If you had Medicaid prior to the enactment of the Affordable Care Act, you can call NY Medicaid Choice at 1-800-505-5678 and ask to change to Amida Care’s Medicaid Special Needs Plan.
- If you joined Medicaid through the NY State of Health (NYSoH), you should call the NYSoH at 1-855-355-5777 and ask to change to Amida Care’s Special Needs Plan.
- If you have difficulty enrolling, please call Amida Care at 1-800-556-0689 (TTY 711), and we will facilitate enrollment for you.
We offer free sessions to explain our health plan and how we can best help you. Call us at 1-800-556-0689 (TTY 711) to arrange a time and place that are best for you.