Amida Care: Experts in HIV and gender-affirming care
The Speakers Bureau is comprised of Amida Care members and staff who can speak to topics relevant to Amida Care’s mission to provide the highest quality health coverage to people affected by HIV. Our members and staff are diverse and have direct knowledge and experience with the complex issues facing less-resourced communities in New York City. This includes people who have experienced homelessness and those of trans experience, regardless of HIV status.
Member Speakers are adept at sharing their personal stories, and Staff Speakers are available to provide expert comments. Available topics include:
- HIV treatment to become undetectable
- HIV prevention tools PrEP/PEP
- Hepatitis C treatment
- Sexual health
- Barriers to care
- Trans health issues across the spectrum, including transmasculine services and comprehensive gender-affirming health care
- LGBTQIA+ health
Speakers are available for speaking engagements and interviews.
To request to speak with a member of our bureau, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amida Care is also a visionary leader in health policy and advocacy as related to HIV and sexual health.
In addition to the topics mentioned above, Doug Wirth, our President and CEO has expertise in:
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Health Policy
- HIV treatment and prevention
- Access to trans health services and gender-affirming care
- Minority health
- Social determinants of health
- Racism as a public health crisis
- New York State’s Goal to End the HIV Epidemic
- and more.
Don’t see your topic of interest listed? We may still be able to help. Please reach out to Shakira Croce, Director of Communications and Public Relations at email@example.com to learn more. Read more about Amida Care here.