Behavioral health care includes mental health and substance use (alcohol and drugs) treatment and rehabilitation services. All of our members have access to services to help with emotional health, or to help with alcohol or other substance use issues.
These services include:
Mental Health Care
- Intensive psychiatric rehab treatment (IPRT)
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment
- Partial hospital care
- Rehab services if you are in a community home or in family-based treatment
- Continuing day treatment
- Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS)
- Assertive Community Treatment Services (ACT)
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention services
Substance Use Disorders
- Inpatient and outpatient substance use disorder (alcohol and drug) treatment
- Inpatient detoxification services
- Opioid, including Methadone Maintenance treatment
- Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Outpatient alcohol and drug treatment services
- Detox services
myStrength: Free COVID-19 Mental Wellness Program
Through December 31, 2020, Beacon Health Options is offering Amida Care members free access to its myStrength COVID-19 and Mental Wellness website and app content. This unique emotional health program is designed to help anyone who is struggling with the uncertainty of COVID-19. Its extensive library of articles, videos, and eLearning is aimed at helping members navigate challenges, including a heightened level of stress and anxiety, feelings of isolation, and support for parents as families work and learn together under the same roof.
With myStrength COVID-19 and Mental Wellness resources, you can track your mood, find inspirational videos, articles, and quotes, and work at your own pace on eLearning programs. Plus, myStrength is secure and confidential. Amida Care members and their families have free access to all of the COVID-19 content through September 30, 2020 (but you must register by August 31 to have access in September).
To register, go to: https://bh.mystrength.com/beaconcovidsupport
Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services (BH HCBS)*
BH HCBS can help you with life goals such as employment, school, or other areas of your life you want to work on. To find out if you qualify, a Health Home Care Manager must complete a brief screening with you that will show if you can benefit from these services. If the screening shows you can benefit, the Care Manager will complete a full assessment with you to find out what your whole health needs are including physical, behavioral and rehabilitation services.
- Adult Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services
- Adult Behavioral Health (BH) Home and Community Based Services (BH HCBS) brochures
*For HARP-eligible members only
Adult and Children’s Crisis Residential Services
Crisis Residences provides services to two age groups: up to age 21; and 21 and older. Crisis Residences will temporarily house people for no more than 28 days while stabilizing psychiatric crisis symptoms. During the short-term, 28 day, Crisis Residence stay, people will receive clinical and peer services to:
- restore a level of functioning and stability that supports transition to community-based services, supports and resources;
- mobilize resources and natural supports to address ongoing treatment and recovery needs to prevent future crises;
- reduce the intensity and duration of crises that may arise;
- provide a safe and therapeutic environment where services are delivered through a trauma-informed approach, and are consistent with conditions and needs;
- ultimately prevent unnecessary inpatient hospital admissions.
Children’s Behavioral Health Services
- Community Support Services for Families:
- Children’s Home and Community Based Services Waiver (HCBS):
OnTrackNY is an innovative treatment program for adolescents and young adults who have had unusual thoughts and behaviors, or who have started hearing or seeing things that others don’t. OnTrackNY helps people achieve their goals for school, work, and relationships. Programs are located throughout New York State.