Children’s services encompass all physical and behavioral health services and include both primary and specialty care. Children can access services for preventative, urgent and emergent care. For quick reference about plan benefits, consult our plan benefit guide here.
Beginning in January 2019, based on State changes, Amida Care began covering additional physical and behavioral health services and populations that were previously excluded from Managed Medicaid.
Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS)
As of 1/1/2019, three Children and Family Treatment and Support Services became available for Medicaid recipients under age 21:
- OLP- Other Licensed Practitioner
- CPST- Community Psychiatric Supports and Treatment
- PSR- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
As of 7/1/2019, 1 additional CFTSS became available for Medicaid recipients under age 21:
- FPSS- Family Peer Support Services
Additional CFTSS services will become available as of January 2020 (more information will be available at that time)
- Youth Peer Support and Training
- Crisis Intervention
More information about CFTSS can be accessed below:
Home and Community Based Services for Children (HCBS)
As of 10/1/2019, Home and Community Based Services will be covered for Medicaid recipients under age 21 if determined they are HCBS eligible by a Health Home or through the Children and Youth Evaluation Service (C-YES).
- Community Habilitation
- Day Habilitation
- Caregiver/Family Support and Services
- Community Self Advocacy Training Support
- Prevocational Services
- Supported Employment
- Respite Services
- Palliative Care:
- Environmental Modifications (EMOD)
- Vehicle Modifications (VMOD)
- Adaptive and Assistive Technology (AT)
- Non-Medical Transportation
More information about HCBS can be accessed below:
Additional information and related resources for children, adults, and their families can be found on our website under the For Members section in Health Resources page.