Register Now: Amida Care to be Featured in Jan. 19 ACAP Webinar Around Initiatives to Improve LGBTQI+ Health Equity
January 12 2022
You are invited to an ACAP-hosted Webinar on Wednesday, January 19 from 4-5 pm to explore how Medicaid Safety Net Health Plans are improving health equity for LGBTQI+ communities.
In this Webinar we will discuss a new ACAP report, Safety Net Health Plan Initiatives to Improve LGBTQI+ Health Equity.
More than a million lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI+) individuals receive health care coverage from the Medicaid program, a state and federal partnership providing care to more than 80 million individuals with low incomes in the United States. As the national health care discussion focuses increasingly on health equity and health care stakeholders work toward eradicating health disparities, this Webinar will explore the status of health equity efforts by Safety Net Health Plans for LGBTQI+ individuals.
The Webinar will feature:
- Doug Wirth, President & CEO, Amida Care
- Erin Connolly, Transgender Program Nurse Coordinator, Amida Care
- Monica Baldzikowski, RN, PHN, Senior Manager, Prior Authorizations & Quality Review, San Francisco Health Plan
- Harper Jean Tobin, HJ Tobin Policy Consulting
- Jennifer McGuigan Babcock, Senior Vice President for Medicaid Policy, ACAP
Register today for this Webinar – spaces are limited. We look forward to this important discussion!